Moths are the type of pests that cause damage to your property due to their larvae. Items in your household such as textiles and stored products are susceptible to damage by moth larvae as they can severely damage natural fibres in carpets, clothes, fabrics, fur and leather. Moths dietary requirement consists of Keratin which is found in natural materials such as wool, cotton and silk; this puts your delate items at risks.
What Attracts Moths To Your House?
- Light Sources: Lights in and outside your house are what moths are most attracted to.
- Doors and Windows: Open doors and windows are responsible for moths entering your property.
Thes are the top two most common reasons why moths are infesting your property. Ensure that your doors and windows are properly closed to avoid moths from entering your property in search of light, thus reducing your chances of infestation.
Are Moths Dangerous?
Yes, moths are dangerous to both humans and pets but not directly as they do not bite humans but are responsible for the following issues.
- Cross-Contamination: Their faeces and cocoons can contaminate the food that can later be consumed by humans and pets.
- Allergic Reaction: Touching infested food or fabrics can trigger an allergic reaction in some individuals that can prove to be dangerous.
- Illness: Consuming contaminated food can cause illness to both humans and pets.
How To Get Rid Of Moths
Getting rid of moths can be tricky and time-consuming. Rentokil Pest Control Ireland is here to help you get rid of moths with its revolutionary “Entotherm Heat Pod” treatment that targets pestd such as moths using a chemical-free heat pod.
How Does Entotherm Heat Pod Treatment Get Rid Of Moths
- Uses an integrated heater and fan system
- Delivers and distributes heat within the pod quickly and safely until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Electric heat probes located within the pod monitor and record core temperatures which ensures an even heat distribution.
- Treatment is monitored remotely via a laptop, producing a computer-generated graph as proof of successful heat exposure for the required length of time.
- Insect-infested items are heated to eradicate the pest, but not at temperatures high enough to cause any damage to items in the pod.
To know more about Rentokil can help your home and business get rid of moths, get in touch with our experts now or call 1890 666 444 for advice, free call out and free quote from your local expert.