It’s almost the holiday season and lots of us will be travelling to visit relatives and friends across the country. This is one of the busiest seasons for hotels which means there’s a greater likelihood of people transferring bed bugs to other hotels and taking them back home.
Understanding and identifying the warning signs of bed bugs can help reduce the spread of bed bugs and infestation levels. Here are some tips:
How To Spot A Bed Bug Infestation
- Check the headboard and mattress for small, dark blood spots on sheets, bedding and wood.
- Cast nymphal skins.
- A distinctive sweet and sticky smell.
Bed Bugs Facts
- Bed bugs are wafer thin and can squeeze into a hole the size of a pin.
- Bed bugs lay their eggs in hidings places such as behind televisions, electric fittings, pictures and wooden bed frames.
- Bed bugs only search for food when they are hungry, which means you can sleep in an infested bed and not be bitten.
- A bed bug can be attracted by the body warmth of a victim 5-10 cm way.
- Bed bugs can crawl up walls and across a rough ceiling.
- In ten minutes a bed bug can suck up to 7 times its own weight in blood.
- A bed bug takes between three and five minutes to feed.
Leave a Reply