Fly control is an important part of pest control for all industries. Problems with flies and a fly infestation can project an unhygienic and unhealthy environment to both employees and customers.
For businesses, such as pubs, bars and restaurants, fly control is essential and should be regularly monitored to ensure effectiveness.
Fly Control for Your Business
Rentokil offers a wide range of fly control solutions customized to your business’ specific requirements and based on the severity of the fly problem on site. Future pest prevention services will also be recommended as well as pest control training for staff.
If you are worried about flies in your business, look for the following signs, which may require a solution from a professional pest controller.
- Live insects and dead insects - if you notice a significant increase in the presence of flies you may be facing an infestation.
- Fly spots or droppings - signs of this spotting indicates that flies have found a food source on your site, which they are exploiting.
- Maggots - if you spot maggots, which are flies in their larval stage, it could mean your premises may be harbouring a breeding site for flies
Potential Harm from Flies
Generally flies are not aggressive insects and those we encounter day to day do not bite. However, a fly infestation on a commercial site can still pose a serious risk for your business, both in terms of health and safety and from an operations point of view.
- Spread diseases - flies are known to transmit a range of diseases including salmonella and dysentery.
- Contaminate foodstuffs - for industries like food processing, the presence of flies can have a serious impact on production.
- Bites from flies - there are some flies, which do bite if they come into contact with humans, and this could potentially lead to a loss of customers.
Business Consequences from Flies
If a problem with flies is left unchecked, it could damage your business, not just in terms of operations but also customer perception.
- Poor impression - customers and employees gain impression of dirt and dereliction if they notice a large presence of flies.
- Damaged brand - flies can significantly impact on health and hygiene standards, which in the long run could damage your business’ reputation.
- Financial loss - non-compliance with legislation could lead to a costly fine as well as a reduced income from fewer customers.
Steps to Take for Fly Control
The services of a professional pest control company are recommended to protect your business from flies and to prevent any future pest problems.
- Call Rentokil Pest Control on 1890 555 222 to arrange fly control.
- Arrange removal of breeding environment essential for effective long–term fly control.
- Identify the correct fly species - see our Pest Guides to Flies - which will help to determine the best treatment methods.
- Arrange for appropriate insect proofing of your commercial site.
- Get Luminos Fly Killer units installed on your premises.
- Schedule regular inspection visits from qualified technicians to prevent further fly infestations.