An ant infestation can pose a lot of problems to businesses, by damaging stock and business reputation.
For industries, like food processing, operating with strict regulatory requirements relating to hygiene and quality standards, even the presence of a single ant on site can significantly impact on operations.
Ant Control for Your Business
Rentokil offers professional ant control services to all business sectors. Using innovative pest control methods and developed best practice approaches, Rentokil is able to provide expert advice and ant control solutions customized to your business needs.
If you want to know how to spot if you have an ant problem, look for these signs:
- Ant pathways - this could indicate the presence of an ant nest near your business. Ants will often follow well defined foraging trails in search of food.
- Small heaps of earth or dirt - this is usually located around the exit holes of ant nest sites.
Potential Harm from Ants
Ants are not known to spread illnesses, but due to their nature and foraging habits, it is important to be aware of potential contamination risks from their presence.
- Infest and contaminate foodstuffs - ants do not carry diseases but as it is difficult to know where they may have foraged for food previously, they can still contaminate food products.
- Contaminate sterile areas - for businesses like pharmaceuticals and healthcare facilities, which have stringent hygiene and quality standards, the presence of ants on site can have serious repercussions operationally and for patients.
Business Consequences from Ants
Ants in general are not aggressive insects and they very rarely cause any physical damage to property. However, an ant infestation can still have a negative impact on your business.
- Financial loss — contaminated food and other products will have to be thrown away.
- Fear — hospital patients can be alarmed by the appearance of ants and they may question the hygiene standards of their healthcare facility.
- Damaged reputation — compromised health and hygiene can lead to lost trading revenue and long-term damage to your business brand.
Steps To Take for Ant Control
As a business, there are a number of ways you can help to maintain your premises free from the problem of ants.
- Call Rentokil Pest Control on 1890 555 222 for ant control.
- Identify the ant species — see our Pest Guides to Ants - as this will help to decide upon the most effective ant killer to use.
- Try insect proofing access points on your premises to stop ants gaining easy access inside your business.
- Schedule regular inspection visits by qualified technicians.